Developing and Balancing Operational and Strategic Management Skills
Explore the key attributes of today’s strategic leaders
Develop a strategic leader’s approach for their own work environment
Developing a Strategic Vision
How to identify priority issues to create their strategic advantage
Explore a range of options for influencing others
Today’s fast-changing business environment requires the role of strategic leader be expanded beyond the executive suite. In this seminar, participants will gain an appreciation for the interconnectivity of roles, from the mail room to the board room, in creating and sustaining organizational success. With greater commitment to the organizational purpose, the team will unify and marshal resources to achieve goals.
Give your staff the skills they need to add value to the organization and unit. Enable them to become innovators, persuasive players and champions of strategic change.
This workshop will feature:
- Developing and Balancing Operational and Strategic Management Skills
- Explore the key attributes of today’s strategic leaders
- Develop a strategic leader’s approach for their own work environment
- Developing a Strategic Vision
- How to identify priority issues to create their strategic advantage
- Explore a range of options for influencing others
What are the Goals?
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Inspire and direct their team to greater readiness and competitiveness
- Use strategic thinking to add value to their organization by understanding the needs and expectations of your customers
- Anticipate and innovate strategies to link strategic vision to core capabilities
- Recognize opportunities to influence and create strategic alliances
- Encourage and support risk taking and innovation at all levels
- Prepare a personal plan to develop the participants vision of the future
Who is this Workshop for?
This workshop is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Group leaders
- Project managers
- Program managers
- Department heads
- Others who wish to develop a toolkit to assist them with their leadership journey
How will this Workshop be Presented?
This workshop combines theory and practice. Using a simulation case study, delegates have the opportunity to apply theoretical learning in a life-like scenario. The purpose is to use a mix of proven learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
- Developing and Balancing Your Operational and Strategic Management Skills
- Establish a Working Definition of Operational Management
- Explore the Key Attributes of Today’s Strategic Thinkers
- Creating a Strategic Frame of Reference
- Understanding Your Current Operational Mission: Your Team, Your Customers and Your Competitors
- Developing a Strategic Vision: Moving from “What Is” to “What If”
- Assess Customers’ Needs, Wants and Expectations
- Determine Optimal Approaches for Developing Customer Data and Input
- Understand the Power of Vision
- Making Your Vision a Reality: Influencing Key Stakeholders
- Your Personal Plan: Developing and Selling Your Vision of the Future