Learn the tools of influence
Understand behaviours at work
Explore corporate culture
Learn to lead and motivate your team
And much, much more…
Effective leadership is more than just management – it builds on managerial skills. A good leader offers direction to people, gets them to share their vision for the business, and aims to create conditions for them to achieve great results.
This program of intensive online sessions focusses on exploring and mastering those skills and knowledge that will comfortably take your leadership skills to the next level.
Participants will gain valuable insight into what drives individual behaviour, how to pinpoint the cultural style of your organisation and understand its inherent cultural strengths and weaknesses. Together, we will explore team dynamics in the context of the culture, look at functional and dysfunctional behaviour and how dysfunctional behaviour can be reshaped.
In these sessions, you will learn how easy it is for the leader to unwittingly set people up for failure and how this can be avoided. We will investigate motivation, reward and identify strategies to get the best from the team.
Finally, you will spend time planning action what you want to change when you return to your workplace.
Who should attend this workshop?
- Those who need a deeper understanding of what drives individual behaviour and group dynamics
- Those who need to hone their influencing skills to get results that matter
- Those about to embark on leading a change programme within their organisation
- Those who want to develop their own leadership skills and learn how to get the most from your team
By attending this workshop you will acquire the following skills:
- Learn the tools of influence
- Understand behaviours at work
- Explore corporate culture
- Learn to lead and motivate your team
- And much, much more…
This program will be delivered through our online classroom, with supplementary and supporting materials being available from our online Learning Management Portal.
Our Leadership Bootcamp Program is approved by The Institute of Leadership & Management
By engaging in an approved programme, it will:
- Carry the Institute Seal of Approval and Quality
- Benchmark and quality-assure your training.
- Add credibility and value to your development work.
- Increase staff engagement with your programmes.
- Validate your investment
The Institute of Leadership & Management
Who are the Institute of Leadership & Management?
The Institute of Leadership & Management are much more than just a professional body. With an active community of over 40,000 leaders, managers and coaches, they create award-winning e-learning resources, and undertake practical research to support individuals and organisations in developing, and inspiring, great leadership everywhere.
Benefits to your organisation
The Institute of Leadership & Management is the authoritative and trusted 21st-century partner for your organisation. Their flexible and cutting-edge approach to leadership development delivers the highest quality, independent and interactive learning environment within a community that thrives upon the latest leadership thinking.
Great leadership development enables you to…
- Unlock potential
- Push boundaries
- Build and sustain agile businesses
- Stand out from your competitors and colleagues
- Attract and retain skilled, high performing people
Benefits to learners
Learners will become registered, giving them access to Studying Membership of The Institute of Leadership & Management. This means they will have access to The Institute’s unique, curated library of online leadership development resources via its award-winning e-learning tool MyLeadership. MyLeadership comprises 49 components, which cover all aspects of leadership and management.
Successuful completion of the programme will entail learners to access membership at that grade with the Institute, and post-nominals AMInstLM. (Additional Fees may be payable to the Institute of Leadership & Management in respect of Membership Subscriptions)
Session One – Managing yourself and your productivity
- The roles & responsibilities, and complexities of the manager
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence – assessing and understanding your own preferred style
- Become and effective communicator
- Time management essentials
- Getting the most out of meetings
Session Two – Establishing the difference between management and leadership
- Reviewing alternative approaches to management
- Identifying the impact your leadership and management style has on your team
- Learning that personality styles and assigning responsibility are linked
- “Managing” versus “Leading” – mutually exclusive options?
Session Three – Team Dynamics
- Team development
- Characteristics of high-performing teams
- Building a coherent team
- Identifying and understanding major motivational theories
- Delegation and empowerment
Session Four – Vision, Direction & Alignment
- Creating a shared vision
- Aims, objectives and goal alignment
- Developing meaningful objectives and indicators
- Communicating a compelling vision
Session Five – Managing people and change
- Theories of change: why we find change difficult
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Difficult conversations and conflict
- Develop a personal plan of action