Website usage Terms & Conditions (updated December 2020): stamc.co.uk
The term ST ANDREWS MANAGEMENT CENTRE LTD, STAMC, or ”WE” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is ST ANDREWS MANAGEMENT CENTRE, 14 St Catherine Street, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4HH. Our company registration number is SC454838. The term “YOU” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we, nor any third parties, provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by, or licensed to, us. This material includes but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is copyright of ST ANDREWS MANAGEMENT LTD – ST ANDREWS MANAGEMENT CENTRE LTD 2016. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by the privacy statement outlined as part of these terms and conditions. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
St Andrews Management Centre Ltd (STAMC) shall work completely within accepted and expected rules and regulations relating to the receipt, storage, use and processing of personal data, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR).
STAMC does not and will not share or transfer any data held about any candidate (past, present or future) or other people (including staff / associates / consultants) whose details are held, with third parties unless:
- There is a specific written agreement or consent of the candidate or person
- There is a legal, moral or ethical requirement to do so
The data received about you is limited to information requested from you and provided by you on the Candidate Enrolment Form (CE1) and / or any documents you may provide to STAMC which contains some or all of the following information:
- Postal Address
- Date of Birth
- National Insurance Number
- Email Address
- Mobile / Telephone Number
- Qualification being undertaken
- Disabilities (If any, not compulsory to provide details)
- Age (Not compulsory to provide details)
- Nationality (Not compulsory to provide details)
- Previous employment / qualifications / experience as requested on an application form
Using the information provided by you, STAMC will use your personal data to enrol you onto the correct course of study with the approved awarding body where such information is required as a condition of registration, in line with the terms and conditions of enrolment to provide you with the Tutor / Facilitator / Assessor and administrative support required during your current and future course of studies.
STAMC will use staff / associates / consultants personal data as required by government agencies.
STAMC does not request or require any “sensitive personal data” (sensitive personal data information includes, but is not limited to: racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or sexual orientation); if such information did come into the possession of STAMC, STAMC would not save or store such data. This sits alongside (though is a separate issue from) STAMCs Equal Opportunities Policy.
In exceptional circumstances, you may provide STAMC with “sensitive personal data”, such as information about your health this will enable STAMC to request reasonable adjustments for examinations / assessments with the correct awarding body.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website www.stamc.co.uk, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our website such as the products and / or services you searched for and view, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Non-electronic data includes paper (hard copy) such as the CE1 form which may provide any of the data items listed and any other information provided on STAMC paperwork such as contracts / agreements / application forms.
Data Controller, Staff, Data Processing / Use
For the purposes of the GDPR, STAMC is the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to STAMC; the Data Controller is the Director of Finance & HR. Others involved in the handling of data are the STAMC Quality Co-ordinator / and Administrators.
The processing of data held is limited to the inputting of personal data as described into STAMCs financial records and STAMC may use your personal data where this is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests as a provider of training / products / and or services including to:
- Provide you with products and / or services which you requested
- Undertake administration in relation to products and / or services for which you requested
- Provide you with a certificate or other record of learning
- Contact you directly in relation to our quality assurance processes, investigations, appeals and complaints
- Contact you directly in relation to new and existing products, services, news and events being offered by STAMC
- Assess and provide reasonable adjustments in relation to your learning and assessment where required
STAMC may also process your personal data if required by law, including to responding to requests by government or law enforcement authorities, or for the prevention of crime or fraud.
STAMC may share your personal data with relevant third parties, where required, in relation to your training, learning, assessment or certification, including:
- Regulatory authorities, sector skills councils, professional bodies and / or similar industry bodies
- Consortiums, authorised representatives, and partners and
- Centre, training providers, awarding bodies and similar third parties
STAMC take all reasonable steps to ensure that our staff protect your personal data and are aware of their information security obligations. STAMC limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
STAMC may also share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Data Storage and Removal / Deletion / Destruction
STAMC takes reasonable steps to protect your personal data from loss or destruction. STAMC has the requisite anti-virus and firewall protection as well as procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. STAMC will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
STAMC will retain personal data (electronic / paper) relating to our quality assurance processes, appeals, or investigations for a period of 7 years to ensure that we are able to comply with any contractual, legal, audit and other regulatory requirements, or any orders from competent courts or authorities.
If you receive marketing communications from us, you may change your preferences or unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email from us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under GDPR you have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
Right to Access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com or at our postal address;
St Andrews Management Centre, Offices 3&4, Westport Business Centre, 1 Old School Road, Cupar, Fife, KY15 4EZ
Please include with your request information that will enable us to verify your identify. STAMC will respond within 21 days of your request. Please note that there are exceptions to this right and we may be unable to make all information available to you if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information, or if there is no basis for your request, or it is excessive.
Right to Rectification: STAMC aim to keep your personal data accurate and complete and we encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided above to let us know if your personal data is not accurate or changes so we can keep your personal data up-to-date. You can also request a candidate update form CE2 from STAMC and return this to us with your updated information.
Right to Erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data where, for example, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, where you withdraw your consent to processing, where there is no overriding legitimate interest for STAMC to continue to process your personal data, or your personal data has been unlawfully processed. If you would like to request that your personal data is erased, please contact us at the contact details provided above.
Right to Object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where, for example, your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interests and there is no overriding legitimate interest for STAMC to continue to process your personal data, or if your data is being processed for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to object to the processing of your personal data, please contact us at the contact details provided.
Right to Restrict Processing: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we restrict the further processing of your personal data. This might arise where, for example, you have queried the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you and we are verifying the information, you have objected to the processing based on legitimate interests and we are considering whether there are any overriding legitimate interests, or the processing is unlawful and you elect that processing is restricted rather than deleted. Please contact us at the contact details provided.
Right to Data Portability: In certain circumstances you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format. This right arises where you have provided your personal details to us, the processing is based on consent or the performance of a contract, and processing is carried out by automated means. If you would like to make such a request please contact us at the contact details provided.
Please note that the GDPR sets out exceptions to these rights. If we are unable to comply with your request due to an exception we will explain this to you in our response.
Queries or Complaints
If you have any queries concerning this policy, or complaints, relating to the way in which STAMC processes, handles or records your personal data, please address your concerns to the Director of Quality Assurance and send your communication to STAMC by either post or email to the contact details provided.
STAMC shall protect the data, privacy and individual rights of candidates / staff / associates / consultants and any others whose data or details may come in to the possession of STAMC. STAMC does not process data other than where this is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests as a provider of training / products / and or services and does not pass private or other data on to third parties without permission or legal requirement.